NEUROFEEDBACK FOR LEARNING DIFFICULTIES
What are Learning Difficulties?
‘Learning difficulties’ is a common term in today’s society, which manifests in different ways and can cause various difficulties in daily life. For one pesron it might be lack of attention, for another it might be struggling to read fluently, these are different groups of learning difficulties. The following groups of specific learning difficulties (‘spLD’) are widely accepted:
- Attention Deficit/Hyperactive Disorder or Attention deficit disorder (ADHD or ADD): a combination of inattention, hyperactivity and impulsivity.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD): social difficulties, communication impairment and restricted behaviours
- Dyslexia: difficulties with reading
- Dysgraphia: difficulties in writing
- Dyspraxia: motor difficulties that affects movement and co-ordination
- Dyscalculia: difficulties in understanding and learning mathematics
How can Neurofeedback help with learning difficulties?
Neurofeedback is a tool that help to improve brain regulation, and so the short answer is that if a learning difficulty is associated with brain dis-regulation, then yes it is likely Neurofeedback will help.
Problems of attention and hyperactivity have been linked to brain deregulation since the 1970s. The evidence for Neurofeedback to improve ADHD symptoms is very well established and endorsed by an American Academy of Pediatrics report at the highest level of Evidence-Based Intervention, with up to 80-90% success rates reported, and we do not need a medical diagnosis to help.
Brain dis-regulation is also associated with other learning difficulties, please refer to our specialist pages to learn how neurofeedback may be able to help, as well as the learning disability Down Syndrome.
Can we help you or a loved one? 0207 118 0887
To learn if we can help you or your loved one with Neurofeedback training, please get in touch. There is no fee and no obligation for your initial consultation. Call us today.