Can Neurofeedback improve Performance ?
There are many users of Neurofeedback to enhance performance. Many of these users believe this gives them a competitive advantage and do not publicise or even comment on speculation about their use of Neurofeedback. They are even less interested in partaking or funding academic research, they are just interested in the results.
BrainTrainUK now offers bespoke assessments and Neurofeedback training plans, as described in this Real Business article – Neuroscience in the boardroom – is brain training the key to success?To find out more about our bespoke Executive Neurofeedback services, call us today on 0207 118 0887.
Neurofeedback users are known to include: The Canadian Olympic Squad The Italian National Football team (winning the World Cup in 2006) AC Milan FC Professional Golfers Neurofeedback users are rumoured to include: Chelsea FC Manchester United FC US Special Forces
How Can Neurofeedback Improve Performance ?
In addition to helping with problems of brain dis-regulation, Neurofeedback can be used to ‘tune’ well-functioning brains to perform at their peak. The treatment is able to deliver the same benefits as long-term meditation, which also has very positive and measurable medical benefits. And one of the benefits of Neurofeedback over talking therapies such as psychoanalysis or cognitive behaviour therapy is you don’t have to talk about your feelings to get results. Neurofeedback has been credited with the following benefits:
- Getting in ‘The Zone’ – Achieve physical and mental peak performance states
- Improved Intelligence – An increase of 10-12 IQ points has been demonstrated
- Improve Emotional Intelligence (EQ) – EQ has been shown to be more important than IQ in getting ahead in life
- Better relationships – Improve the key relationships in your life
- Feel good – Improve your overall satisfaction with life
- More creative – whether in business or your personal life
- Expand awareness – Improve your intuition and sensory awareness
- Get on in life – Fast track your career with peak brain performance
- Don’t get stuck – Avoid executive career stallers
BrainTrainUK can offer bespoke programmes to deliver peak performance and self development. You will get personal attention from our practitioners. You are not just a number to us, you will be listened to and we will get to know your specific issues. We know no two people are the same, so we ensure that our treatment is customised around you or your loved one, and your family circumstances. Neurofeedback can be particularly powerful when combined with coaching – for more details see our sister site Neurofeedback4Performance.com or viist our friends at The Performance Coach.If you are interested to learn more about the long-term benefits of brain training and/or using neurofeedback to increase your mental capacity, IQ, or life satisfaction, please call us today on 0207 118 0887.
Who else uses Neurofeedback and what for?
Neurofeedback has been used to help treat symptoms of brain dis-regulation, including ADHD, epilepsy, depression, autism and migraine for many years. As the equipment has become more portable, more affordable and more doctors and clients have become aware of its potential, the number of clients has grown considerably. In addition, Neurofeedback has been used by an increasing variety of clients seeking peak performance. Because these clients see Neurofeedback as a valuable differentiator, the details of their use are often kept secret, but applications include:
- This Wall Street Journal article describes how professional and amateur golfers are using Neurofeedback to maximise their performance.
- The Italian football team that won the 2006 World Cup used Neurofeedback, described here.
- Chelsea FC are believed to have been using Neurofeedback since 2009 in the “Mind Room” set up by Bruno Demichelis who first applied the technology as Head of Sports Science at AC Milan.